Enrolled Nurse jobs with Mediserve Nursing Agency
Enrolled Nurse jobs (also known as ENs) are essential to support the health of patients in hospitals, clinics and aged care facilities, and play a key role in assisting both Registered Nurses and physicians in providing medical care.
What do Enrolled Nurses do?
ENs help in a variety of ways, depending on the facility and the needs of the client. They provide basic nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Their duties may include:
- Measuring and recording patients' vital signs, such as temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respiration
- Administering medications
- Providing wound care
- Assisting with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Helping patients with activities of daily living, such as eating, toileting, and transferring
- Providing emotional support to patients and their families
- Educating patients about their health conditions and treatment plans
- Maintaining patient records
Why work with Mediserve as an Enrolled Nurse?
Mediserve is the leading nursing agency in Australia. As one of the preferred suppliers to a number of healthcare facilities throughout Australia, we have many positions available for Enrolled Nurses. Working with us means you get the first choice of the best positions available.
Our team of professional consultants will inform you about all the healthcare facilities and hospitals we work with and advise you of all the necessary requirements so you can start working immediately.
- Flexible work schedule. Choose where and when you want to work, choose short term or longer term contracts.
- Variety of work environments. As an Enrolled Nurse agency worker, broaden your skills and knowledge as you work in a variety of facilities with a range of patients and staff.
- Great pay rates. You'll earn a higher hourly rate as an agency worker. You can take on more shifts to boost your income.
- Work-life balance. Agency work provides better work-life balance. You have more control over your schedule!
Qualifications & experience to work with Mediserve as an Enrolled Nurse (EN)
We always provide the highest quality of care, so we always hire the best people. To work as an Enrolled Nurse for Mediserve, you’ll need:
- At minimum, a Diploma of Nursing
- Police check (usually required)
- Working With Children Check (sometimes required)
- First Aid & CPR Certification (often required)
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- At least 1 year's experience working as an EN
We'll help find you the Enrolled Nurse position you want. The type of position you qualify for will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Types of Enrolled Nurse positions available
We offer EN positions in a range of health care facilities.
- Hospitals: As an EN, you'll provide basic nursing care to patients. You may be assigned to a specific unit, such as the maternity ward or emergency department.
- Aged care facilities: With our network of aged care facilities Australia-wide, you have a wide range of choice for job placements. As an EN, you'll play an important role in providing basic nursing care to older adults.
- Community Health Centers: Along with assisting administering medication and providing wound care, you'll help with daily living activities and more.
- Care in the home: Mediserve Care design tailored care programs to enable people to remain in their own home through the ageing process. ENs assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
- Palliative Care Facilities: You'll provide compassionate support and care to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses.
Work as an EN anywhere in Australia with Mediserve! Contact our teams below.
City positions available in:
Rural & remote positions available in:
- Western Australia (WA)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- South Australia (SA)
- Tasmania (TAS)
- Queensland (QLD)
- Victoria (VIC)
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- New South Wales (NSW)
Find out more about each location here.
AINs who are Mediserve members also enjoy lots of great offers such as fantastic deals on accommodation, health clubs and much more.
How to get started
It's easy to get started! Just fill out the registration form at www.mediserve.com.au/register.