Patient Care Assistant jobs with Mediserve Nursing Agency
Personal Care Assistant jobs (also known as Patient Care Assistants or PCAs) are a great way to make a real difference to others' health and support the work of other health care professionals. A Personal Care Assistant provides support and assistance to individuals who require help with their daily activities and personal care. PCAs work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, aged care facilities, and people's homes.
What do Personal Care Assistants do?
PCAs help in a variety of ways, depending on the facility and the needs of the client. Common responsibilities include:
- Assisting with personal hygiene: This includes bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
- Providing mobility assistance: This includes helping clients walk, get in and out of bed, and use the toilet.
- Administering medication: PCAs may be trained to administer some medications under the supervision of a nurse.
- Preparing meals and feeding: PCAs may help clients prepare meals, or they may feed clients who are unable to feed themselves.
- Cleaning and tidying: PCAs may help clients keep their homes clean and tidy.
- Social support: PCAs may provide social support to clients by talking to them, accompanying them on outings, or helping them connect with other people.
PCAs are often essential in supporting the work of registered nurses (RN) and enrolled nurses (EN) in healthcare facilities.
Why work with Mediserve as a Personal Care Assistant?
Mediserve is the leading nursing agency in Australia. As one of the preferred suppliers to a number of health care facilities throughout Australia, we have many positions available for Personal Care Assistants. Working with us means you get the first choice of the best positions available.
Our team of professional consultants will inform you about all the healthcare facilities and hospitals we work with and advise you of all the necessary requirements so you can start working immediately. With our well-established relationships you can be assured of the best opportunity to obtain regular work.
- Flexible work schedule. Choose where and when you want to work, choose short term or longer term contracts.
- Variety of work environments. As an Personal Care Assistant agency worker, broaden your skills and knowledge as you work in a variety of facilities with a range of patients and staff.
- Great pay rates. You'll earn a higher hourly rate as an agency worker. You can take on more shifts to boost your income. If you have the time, we have the work available.
- Work-life balance. Agency work provides better work-life balance. You have more control over your schedule, allowing you to manage personal commitments, family responsibilities, or just take some time off to go to the beach!
Qualifications & experience to work with Mediserve as an Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
We always provide the highest quality of care, so we always hire the best people. To work as an Personal Care Assistant for Mediserve, you’ll need:
- At minimum, Certificate III in Individual Support
- Police check (usually required)
- Working With Children Check (sometimes required)
- First Aid & CPR Certification (often required)
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- At least 1 year's experience working as a PCA
We'll help find you the Personal Care Assistant position you want. The type of position you qualify for will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Types of Personal Care Assistant positions available
We offer PCA positions in a range of health care facilities.
- Hospitals: As a PCA, you'll provide essential care to patients who need it. You will work under the supervision of nurses and other healthcare professionals. Along with assisting with daily living activities, PCAs help monitor vital signs, help patients move around the hospital and transfer between beds and chairs or mobility devices, assist with patient nutrition, and document and report patient care.
- Aged care facilities: With our network of aged care facilities Australia-wide, you have a wide range of choice for job placements. As an PCA, you’ll help residents with personal care, meals, social activities, monitoring health, and collaborating with healthcare professionals.
- Community Health Centers: Along with assisting with daily living activities, you'll monitor vital signs, document and report patient care, help coordinate appointments, and help educate clients and their family about basic medical procedures.
- Care in the home: Mediserve Care design tailored care programs to enable people to remain in their own home through the ageing process. PCAs assist with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting. They also help with medication reminders, meal preparation, feeding assistance, home safety and maintenance, companionship, transportation, and monitoring individuals' health status.
- Palliative Care Facilities: You'll provide compassionate support and care to individuals facing life-limiting illnesses. Assist with personal hygiene, mobility, and positioning, while also monitoring and managing pain and symptoms. PCAs offer emotional support to individuals and their families, help with daily life activities, and provide end-of-life care. Working alongside healthcare professionals, PCAs ensure individuals receive palliative care that focuses on comfort, dignity, and quality of life.
Work as a PCA anywhere in Australia with Mediserve! Contact our teams below.
City positions available in:
Rural & remote positions available in:
- Western Australia (WA)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- South Australia (SA)
- Tasmania (TAS)
- Queensland (QLD)
- Victoria (VIC)
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- New South Wales (NSW)
PCAs who are Mediserve members also enjoy lots of great offers such as fantastic deals on accommodation, health clubs and much more.
How to get started
It's easy to get started! Just fill out the registration form at www.mediserve.com.au/register.