Aged Care Worker
Mediserve is the leading nursing agency in Australia. As one of the preferred suppliers to a number of aged care facilities throughout Australia, we have many positions available for aged care workers. Working with us means you get the first choice of the best positions available.
Our team of professional consultants will inform you about all the healthcare facilities and hospitals we work with and advise you of all the necessary requirements so you can start working immediately. With our well established relationships you can be assured of the best opportunity to obtain regular work.
Why work for Mediserve in aged care?
Flexible work schedule. Choose where and when you want to work, choose short term or longer term contracts.
Variety of work environments. As an agency aged care worker, broaden your skills and knowledge as you work in a variety of aged care facilities with a range of patients and staff.
Great pay rates. Earn a higher hourly rate as an agency worker. Take on more shifts to boost your income.
Work-life balance: Agency work provides better work-life balance. You have more control over your schedule, allowing you to manage personal commitments, family responsibilities, or just take some time off to go to the beach!
Qualifications & experience
We always provide the highest quality of care, so we always hire the best people. To work in aged care for Mediserve, you’ll need:
- At minimum, Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) or Certificate IV in Ageing Support if PCA/AIN (Personal Care Assistant / Assistant in Nurse); Ahpra Registration required if RN/EN (Registered Nurse / Enrolled Nurse).
- Police check (usually required)
- Working With Children Check (sometimes required)
- First Aid & CPR Certification (often required)
- Up-to-date vaccinations
- At least 1 year's experience working in aged care
Whether you are a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing or Personal Care Assistant, you'll find a position in aged care. The type of position you qualify for will depend on your qualifications and experience.
Aged care positions
We offer aged care positions in both aged care facilities and in the home.
- Aged care facilities: With our network of aged care facilities Australia-wide, you have a wide range of choice for job placements. As an aged care worker, you’ll help residents with personal care, meals, organising social activities, monitoring health, and collaborating with healthcare professionals.
- Aged care in the home: Mediserve Care design tailored care programs to enable people to remain in their own home through the ageing process. You’ll work with the family to create a true partnership in the delivery of care. You’ll work with the family to provide the amount and type of care set out in the care plan and in accordance with their budget.
Work as an aged carer anywhere in Australia with Mediserve! Contact our teams below.
City positions available in:
Mediserve Member Benefits
Mediserve members also enjoy lots of great offers such as fantastic deals on accommodation, health clubs and much more.
Get aged carer job alerts in your inbox
It's easy to get started! Just fill out the registration form at www.mediserve.com.au/register.
Perth, Western Australia
Darwin, Northern Territory
Adelaide, South Australia
Canberra, Australia Capital Territory
Sydney, New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales